Friday, June 19, 2009

Two days now! Nothing particularly notable has happened in the last few days, but I thought that I might as well get into the habit of writing! This morning I read an essay by a girl who went to Japan last year, which was entitled " heartsight". In the essay, she talks about how being an exchange student made it necessary for her to rely not only on her eyesight, but also on her heartsight, which sees clearer and truer than real eyes. I found that extremely interesting, especially because one of my favorite quotes is "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart." -Helen Keller. It seems so true, that while eyes can pick up outward appearances and emotions, it is the heartsight that really sees, especially in a situation where language and culture creates a barrier. That bit of wisdom I will try to remember when I am in Finland, where heartsight could be the best sight available to me.

2 comments:

  1. meeeg... have fun in this oportunity that life is giving you =)
    I love you younger sister...
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks sis I will <3

    ReplyDelete